The European Conference on Service-Oriented and Cloud Computing (ESOCC) 2017 will take place in Oslo, Norway, September 27th-29th, 2017. For this event, we are soliciting proposals for workshops.
The purpose of the workshops is to provide an informal setting for workshop participants to discuss technical issues, exchange research ideas, and to discuss and/or demonstrate applications. The workshops may be driven by fundamental academic interests, or by needs from specific application domains. We encourage a diversity of workshops relating to topics covered in the ESOCC CfP (see http://esocc2017.ifi.uio.no/call.html).
All workshop proposals must be written in English.
Proposals for workshops should be no more than 3 pages in length and submitted to the Workshop chairs before March 14, 2017 (see below).
A workshop proposal should include a draft call-for-papers containing at least the following information:
- Title and brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the goals and the technical issues that will be its focus.
- The names and contact information (web page, e-mail address) of the Programme Committee (PC) chairs, i.e., the workshop organisers.
- A tentative list of workshop PC members. We suggest one or two PC chairs and at least 10 PC members coming from different countries.
Moreover, the following additional information is requested:
- Relevance to ESOCC.
- If the workshop has taken place before:
- How often has the workshop taken place so far?
- Which conference(s) has the workshop been colocated with so far?
- Number of participants in the last installment.
- A discussion of the proposed format and agenda.
- The proposed duration (half or full day).
- Procedures for selecting participants and papers; plans for dissemination (e.g., proceedings or special issue of journals).
- Potential invited speakers.
- Expected number of participants.
Each workshop programme chair will be responsible for the following:
- Producing a web page and a “Call for Papers/Participation” for their workshop.
- Providing a brief description of the workshop for the conference web page and programme, and providing a workshop web page the conference can refer to for details.
- Selecting the papers for the workshop proceedings and providing the camera-ready copies ready for publication.
- All advertising of the workshop beyond web page advertising.
- Appointing session chairs, etc.
ESOCC 2017 Workshops are planned to be held September 27th, 2017. On request, additional arrangements for Sept. 26th may be possible (two-day workshops, PC meetings). The workshop participants will be required to register for the workshop through the ESOCC 2017 main registration page.
The local organisation of the conference will take care of the production of informal or electronic workshop proceedings, assuming that the proceedings are camera-ready.
Submission of Workshop Proposals
Proposals should be submitted as a PDF file. Please send your proposals and any inquiries by electronic mail to the Workshop chairs:
|Deadline for workshop proposals:||March 14, 2017|
|Notification of decision on workshops:||April 4, 2017|