Oslo offers a wide range of hotels and accommodations (see Map of Hotels). However, especially during the sun-filled months in summer, hotels are packed and it can be tricky to find a decently-priced stay within easy reach, especially if booking late. Below we provide a list of hotels which are reasonably close to the conference venue which is in the city centre:
City centre: Area of Oslo Central Station (Oslo Sentralstasjon) and Opera House (Operahuset)
City centre: Area of National Theatre (Nationaltheatret)
Close to city centre: Area of Majorstuen
There are a few youth hostels in Oslo that are of good standard and one can even find single rooms if booked in advance. Unfortunately, Oslo does not have too many of these youth hostels. One should try:
- Haraldsheim Youth Hostel which is nice and close to the Sinsen metro station.
- Anker Hostel which is nice and friendly, with more single rooms and more down-town, close to public transport.
Most of the rooms can be booked through
- the comprehensive local guide at VisitOslo; or
- hotelscombined which offer a 10 percent discount for university students and teachers (i.e. most of the people who will attend the conference) if you’re willing to send them a fax with some proof of your status; or
- at Cochs Pensjonat which is near the royal castle, has cheap and nice rooms and atmosphere. You have varied types of rooms to choose from; or
- hotelweb / booking.com; or
- you could go for a (small) apartment with Oslo Apartments/Airbnb; or
- can try searching through youth hostel portals that usually list also cheap 2-3 stars hotels: hostelbookers or hostelworld (these portals can show the search result on the map of Oslo, which can be useful for orientation wrt. conference site).
If you encounter problems, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org